View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #13
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

I see no problems with a ladder mount provided you are somewhat lighter than I am (That is you, not your antenna or rig) as someone said "It is not grounded to the frame" however that's very easily fixed Very very easily fixed, plus not all antennas require a ground plane (DIpoles for example do not, nor does a NGP VHF antenna)

In fact one end of my current long wire is anchored to a pole attached to my ladder.

Oh, the thing about you being lighter then me.

After a few trips up to the roof for assorted routine maintenance things like moping.. My ladder was pulling right off the rig.. So I completed the removal and hung a convertable lader (Step/Extension) I got when my dad died, It is a Sears product and holds my 300+ pounds like nobody's business.. In extension mode it's long enough to do roof work, in step mode great for was & wax.

however it is not well suited to standard ladder mount hardware, I custom attached my painter's pole support.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote