View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #40
N3LYT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I have a shorter version of the same pole but can easily "Extend" it by creating the proper "mount". It should work much the same.

I am working on assorted antennas. Currently when I can't find a handy tree I use a 4BTV fed by the KAT-1 tuner (Equivalent of yours but for my radio). It however does not work well on 75 meters.
Yes the elements on mine are pretty good diameter and are mostly flat across the voice bands enough so when I tune them with the Bird AT 100 I don't need to use a tuner with the radio they are all marked where they fit together so it's just a matter of clamping they down. I all so have a 40/80 meter that fits in the top of the posts as an inverted V made from ladder line but that takes up a lot of real-estate and does require the tuner it's a full 1/2 wave on 80. Usually I'm some where I can play with the big antennas but it can be an issue at a camp ground. I do a demonstration for the boy scouts at a local camp ground I work for part time but I get a nice open field to camp in that's a lot of fun and last year I was the "gota" guy during field day hard some much fun on 15M I'm going to do it again!
N3LYT is offline   Reply With Quote