Thread: How hot is it?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
Radio
Administrator

Default The sky splits from horizon to horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5DOK View Post
It's so hot in Texas that they're beatin the p*** out of the bullfrogs to keep the ponds from going dry.
I had just picked me up fish and was about to squeeze him just to get a drink...when thunder tore the skies wide open and it has been raining hard here, near violent thunderstorm, for the last hour. Me and the fish both had us a drink.

This morning on the way to work I was headed north to the Atlanta airport in the pre-dawn darkness. There was an enormous thunderstorm centered right over downtown Atlanta, about 15 miles north of my location. Lightning started right at zero degrees on the compass, came straight down and branched out, branched out more and more until it filled the entire sky, filling my windshield from post to post and covering the entire city with the daylight of its brilliance.

It was so spectacular that a half hour later we discussed it at length in the shop morning meeting. One guy even noted the time of the event, 05:27 EDT. We all were coming from different directions, but we all saw it.

It continues to pour copious waters outside, the temperature continues to fall. God loves me and I'll sleep good tonight.

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote