View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 06:50 AM   #3
W5DOK
Old Member

I would never buy new again. You can buy like new for half the price and all the bugs have already been worked out. I've owned all types of RV's. Pull trailers, 5th wheels and motor homes. Pull trailers are a real PITA to pull down the road, even with equalizers, and set up and take down are another pain. Fivers are much better, but still require quite a bit of set up and take down. I've owned half a dozen motor homes and ,for me, it's the only way to go. Folks that own fivers and pull trailers tend to feel the same way about their rigs. When I pull into a campground, I plug in my power cord, deploy the slides and sit back and watch everyone else trying to get level, hook up and sweat. Takes me at most 5 minutes. In Houston, there is a consignment place called PPL. They have every type of RV made. I always advise folks that are looking to go there first and find what they like. It gives them the chance to kick the tires with no sales pressure. They can buy anywhere but with that variety, they get a chance to see all the different models in one place and at very good prices. It's worth the trip to Texas.
W5DOK is offline   Reply With Quote