View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #9
One Country Boy

Hi fellers, de W4EWA ...

Nice response, no QRM, QRN and no QSB here. Thought I would see what was shakin' before I hit the sack in a few minutes. The low temp was 18 degrees here last night (or early this morning). I think Radio had 16 in his report but that was later in the day yesterday. That's pretty cool for the Atlanta area too isn't it Wade ?

Greg it doesn't matter about the lingo, just jump right in. If necessary we can tutor you on the "Q signals" and stuff. Just glad to have you.

I feel like I'm working DX with Stephen out in the SF Bay area. I forget where all you guys are and the names escape me at times, so forgive me if I get 'em confused. I enjoy seeing the signatures with the QTH's and names in the signatures. It makes it easier on this OM.

The XYL and I got a little "cabin fever" today. We've been pretty much inside with the cold temps and wind blowing. We rode down to Mexico Beach (about 20 miles south) and looked around this afternoon. I took a few photos I may post later. I noticed the El Governor Campground had increased the number of sites and there was not a vacant slot in the park. Many of the folks from up north are staying here to get away from the winter weather. It was like a ghost town though, almost no traffic. The little community, located on the Gulf of Mexico, has really began to develope in the past 5 to 8 years. Highrise condos on both side of US 98 make you feel in places like you are in a tunnel. Most of them are unoccupied or for sale. It appeared that construction had ceased on several that were incomplete. The building boom is over and the economy has effected the developers. Some of us don't mind the developement slowing.

It's 28 (2322 hrs CT) now. The high today was 55.

Better call it a day. 73 all have a good night.

CQ CQ de W4EWA - K