View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 04:57 PM   #94
One Country Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagco View Post
My only excitement is I'm getting a cataract removed tomorrow. They're telling me it will only improve my vision a little as I have ischemia, two anyerisms(sp?), and laser scar tissue from diabetic retinapathy, all in that same eye. But....every little bit helps
Good luck with your cataract surgery Jeff. I had both my eyes done in the year 2000. They would not do both eyes at the same time. I had to wait 6 weeks between surgeries. I did not have the other problems you have, but if you have cataracts bad enough to have the surgery, you should still notice a huge difference. I could see better in 6 hours and ready to have the other eye done. Serious cataracts block a tremendous amount of light. With my surgery it was like someone turned on a light for me. Colors were more vived, sharp and clear. I didn't realize that I had not seen "true white" in years. What I thought was white was a dull gray or brown before the surgery. Cataracts normally come on so slowly, you don't realize you are going blind until you are almost in the dark. With the implants I no longer had to wear glasses. I had worn glasses since I was 18.

One other thing and I'll stop bending your ear. The surgen will give you 2 or 3 types of drops to place in your eye. One is an antibiotic I think. The other is a steroid so your eye will tolerate and adapt to the implant. Be sure to use those drops as you are told. A friend who worked in that field told us that most problems arise from patients not using the drops as prescribed.

Good luck with it Jeff, we will be thinking about you tomorrow. Please give us a report when you can.

Jim