View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 09:01 AM   #4
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

I do admit I got kind of ... Less interested.. I mean for 38 years I was a Tech or Tech + and only used VHF, then VHF/UHF FM, never did any sideband work and only rare CW. Never any HF work at all.. Then I retired, Went to Dayton, Did the paper upgrade to General, got a TS-2000, found it could transmit where I should not (Unlike my Yesau FT-51R) Upgraded to Extra (That's one way to fix that problem , The best way in fact) and discovered DIGITAL HF RADIO.

Now let me describe the Digital station:
Thinkpad feeds a HOME MADE (Ah the spirit of ham radio) Interface feeding the TS-2000, running usually about 30 watts (I"m told I can go 50 but like to keep it down) feeding the KAT-1 auto-tuner feeding about 100 Feet of wire, runs from the bolt on top of the KAT to a pine tree over the ridge of the house and a maple in the front yard gets the nylon anchor line (At some point long about the sidewalk the wire turns into nylon.

I'm working the world

How do I feel... Well.. Do you remember when you were a kid.. In the candy store?

Yup, that's it
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote