View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 06:39 AM   #5
One Country Boy

I have the KG-UVD1P, I bought from MTC awhile back. I really like the little radio, but as you say.... a pain to program.

Ken, I downloaded the Commander Freeware, I've not tried it yet. Thanks for the information. I found the owners manual to be a challenge also. The translation from Chinese to English evidently did not go that well. I did order a little cheat sheet from somewhere. It's one of those laminated fold up pieces that will fit in your wallet. It made things a lot simpler. You can actually understand the programming scheme from it.

I sure wish they would update the firmware on this radio, if that's possible. One feature it DOES NOT have that most radios have is a memory bypass or skip a memory feature. If it does, I have not found it. Example, when a particular memory stays busy and you wish to lock it out of the scan mode, but NOT remove it from the memory. I cannot find that function. It would be nice to have. To be a able to bypass a particular memory from the keyboard without having to load the software, etc.

I found this little radio will transmit anywhere it receives.

I've got to go in and see if I can repair mine. I ordered a speaker mic with mine and plugged it in awhile back and when I removed it, the internal speaker no longer worked. Probably broke or bent a contact in the jack.

If anyone figures out that memory skip feature, please let me know.