View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 08:04 PM   #5
radiow6lar

Default Noise on EU2000i

I tried a few things that did not go anywhere. I had a few Tripp-Lite Isobar filter strips in the ham shack. It has 4 isolation level outlets, 50 db, 75 db, 100 db and 120 db in a power strip rated at 15A. Has a plunger circuit breaker and switch on it. I shortened the primary power cord to just a foot and then plug it into my EU2000i. I then plug my TT into the 120 db outlet. My noise in the IC-718 almost cleared up completely. So that is what I am using when I run the genny and the HF at the same time with an analog 12vdc power supply.

I also tried grounding the banana plug nearest the "econo" switch to the ground point on the front panel. I read about that on rv.net and it eliminated ALL the noise form the Honda. Don't try it to the banana outlet second from the "econo" switch as its the hot side.

So we are off to Joshua Tree National Park next week from Thursday till Monday to dry camp and just get away. Solar will be the norm but I will use the Honda if needed. I run two 250 A/H floor machinery batteries from Trojan and they seem to last forever. They are each 12V.

If the DW has not got too much planned I'll drag out the 718 and the screwdriver on the ladder and get on the air. I like to do PSK with a small dell laptop.
2004 F-150 XL Supercab HD
2006 Aljo 225LT, Solar Powered
Me: 43 1/2 years GTE (Verizon)
Wife: RN and 45 years putting up with Me!

CQ CQ CQ Ain't life Grand!
radiow6lar is offline   Reply With Quote