View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 06:14 PM   #8
electricflyer

Wade, check out Holiday COE for me. DW has to have TV reception, more than GA Public TV. One of my favorite COE campgrounds is Service Park, Silas, AL but very limited TV receptions so DW puts it down but for me it is as another camper said, "Best place to be to do nothing". Let me know how many OTA channels you can pick up. I assume you should be able to get Auburn, a maybe for Columbus, to far for Atlanta. Check out good camp sites also. I was going to go there his week but will be going to our old standard McKinney Campground on Lake Allatoona. Have you been to Holiday before? I read on one of the forums that someone thought Whitetail campground was better.
Are there gators in the lake? I will assume there probably is since they have been sighted in the Hooch in Atlanta. I know they are in the Alabama River around Montgomery at Gunter Hill campground and they are in the Tombigbee River where I like to go. The story goes at the Service Park campground boat ramp there is a gator that hangs out around it, probably because people clean fish there. (We were warned about it the first time we stopped there) But, there was someone throwing a frisbee out over the water for his dog to fetch. People warned him not to do that because of the gator but he ignored them. Guess what, the dog was a nice snack.
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote