Thread: Wb4vyh
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 09:06 AM   #7
WB4VYH

My wife and I live about 35 miles east of Knoxville, Tennessee, not very far from the I 81/I 40 split!

We are not full timers and because of some health issues my wife has been going through, we have been staying relatively close to home for the past few years. While we will most likely continue to live here, we hope, in the future, to winter in Florida and take a trip out west. Additionally, I would like to take a trip to New England! I'm thinking the MH is gonna make traveling much easier on my wife.

Regarding recumbent bikes, Ken you would probably enjoy a trike! In the Knoxville area there are several folks that ride them. I have been on rides where they were participating and they looked like a lot of fun. Like all things they have pros and cons. I'm guessing that "taking them with you" is the con that you will notice first! Regarding, the recumbent bikes...I am a RANS fan. My RANS Stratus (20/26 version) is my favorite. Transporting it securely can also be a thought provoking task. As I mentioned, I also have a V-Rex and since it is a short wheel base recumbent it is much easier to transport!
The above being said, both of my recumbents will fit on most racks. The folks I know transporting a trike use a pick-up, a van, or a platform rack!

Thanks for the replys folks.
WB4VYH is offline   Reply With Quote