View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 09:43 PM   #7
N7OQ

I was going to do the Hamstick thing but decided on the Buddipole because it is a nice small package when stored in it tube holder and it covers a lot of bands my Buddipole will cover every band from 40 meters to 2 meters plus I can configure it vertical, horizontal, inverted V, Y or any angle I want to try. With the the larger coil like Manual Garcia O'Kely has you can do 80 meters as well. I can do 80 meters as well if I want to make a vertical with both coils but I have to lay out a counter pose wire. There are a ton of ways to configure it and a very active user group that includes the Buddipole guy's plus it is built so well. I really like something I can experiment with so fits me well.

Right now I'm using the paint pole with the adapter I got form the Buddipole store but plan on buying the tripod so I can get the antenna away from the RV some times there are just to many trees around the trailer. I bought extra coil taps and install taps for each band before I put it up and use different colors for each band like red for 20 green for 40 etc.

One for the items I fine the most valuable is my antenna analyzer I can move the coil tap across the coil until I get a good match then screw in the tap. Makes tuning the antenna fast especially when I'm trying a configuration other than a dipole. Plus if the swr changes on the analyzer when you touch it then not touch it then you know you are getting RF feeding back down the outer shield of the coax.
Licensed in 1978 ex N7AFX, DA1VW, KK6GR
N7OQ is offline   Reply With Quote