View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 08:27 AM   #11
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Well, as I said, We did move a net in progress for an emergency net. And next time that hurricane net forms..We will move again, Just two questions asked

1: When
2: is this far enough off

However yes, there are a lot of folks who act first and think .... Never And not just on the radio.. Some day when the weather is nice find a place where you can stand near a freeway and wait till a group of cars approach.. When the first car passes a land mark start counting seconds till the 2nd car gets there.

If the number is less than 2, then they are tailgating (some folks say 3) this is not only discourteous to the person you are crowding, it's DANGEROUS as well

I've spent many years watching traffic (part of my job) average time between cars... about one second.. And people wonder why , When stuff happens, their radiator leaks.

Where as I was raised to do occasionally show a kindness, like holding a door for someone, and I still do that.. Today's world is quite different from that, Today it's ME ME ME for many folks and to the blazes with anyone else.

John F Kennedy said "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"

Today it's all about "How much am I going to get in the next economic stimulus check"
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote