View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 01:22 AM   #6
KC1BUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WD8QBQ View Post
Looking for ideas, insight and opinions on where to locate and how to go about HF Haming in an RV space shared with a non Ham XYL. I'm talking about voice, not CW.

I have decided to only operate when parked, but am wondering about not disturbing others in the early morning or late at night with, ...... well you know what.

JIM
Jim,

Since I am not full time as we have too much to take care of and the wife isn't retired, my shack is in my stick built. so I suppose the rest of my post is not to the point.

We moved my then 83 year old father in law into the garage, of course after we converted it into a nice little apartment for him. In doing so we needed a new garage so we built one behind the old one that is now "Grandpa's" apartment. We built a breezeway between his back door and the new garage with a room off the breeze way.

I claimed that room as mine and now my radio equipment is in there. The room is 9 x 13 and on the other side of the wall is grandpa's bedroom. But my F-I-L is deaf or nearly so,(won't wear his hearing aids) and I never seem to bother him. If I did, it would be a simple thing to soundproof that wall. To return to my part of the house I can go out and around to a couple of other doors to get in.

It is an unfinished work in progress. I can get out there and get on the air, but that isn't all I wanted to do in that room.

Because my hobbies and things come last around here. Between my own health issues, the taking care of the F-I-L, being chief cook and bottle washer, and of course the honey do list which is longer because I am retired and my wife still works. Right now it is unheated so it is hard to get it up to a comfortable heat range.

Someday I'll get it the way I want it.
Love to
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote