Thread: 146.52
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 07:55 AM   #3
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Well, when I'm in the RV and occasionally in the towed I have multiple radios

One sits on 146.52, in fact it's XTAL bound there. (It is a motorola HT) another is digital synth, but it also remains on .52 (Wilson WE-800 It is ready for QCAA membership all by itself For what it does it's the best radio I've ever owned. It was from the third production run (Revision 3) so they got all the bugs out of it first!!!!

So far, in two trips cross country, I have evesdropped (kind of, did not pay much attention) to a couple of "locals" chatting on 52, and I've had ONE person take a chance and call me... I was stopped in a Flying-J in Utah cleaning my windshield when a driver who was resting there saw the callsign plates on the towed and took a chance. He came over and got a laugh out of my shack. (The smaller of the restrooms in my rig)

Hey, it's a nice cozy shack and if you are waiting for your turn on the net and get that feeling of pressure..... You don't miss your turn on the net for running to the "Other office". Cause you there already (I can tell you I've made a few net turns due to that)
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote