Thread: New 5'er
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 09:14 AM   #4
W6ZKH
ex-K6YDW

Hi Andy and Bill..............thanks for the comments..........

Andy....hope the G5RV is still up..and real fine on the 817... I've been having alot of fun on QRP even with my minimal antenna farm here, but enjoy the HFPack stuff even more...gets me outta the house, hi.

Bill.......sofar am pretty happy with the rig. Of course had some minor problems which is typical, but nothing major. This rig has the Demand Water Heater, which is taking sometime to get use too....either too hot or get a blast of cold water at times when in the shower. I wouldnt recommend it, but otherwise a fine rig. The mattress isnt the typical RV type, but a very well made Serta. One thing though is that it is setup for 50 amp service, and that giant, heavy, stiff cord, which I hate. Dont know why they did that, as only has one AC unit, but guess that another could be placed in the bedroom as it does have a plate for the ac power at that location. I am going to get an 50amp to 30amp adapter cord (shorty) and then get a 30 amp cable instead of hauling out that 50 amp monster. One thing though, and I thought this was strange, as most new RV's now are coming out only with 1 battery !! Well, I am going to add another, and I have installed a marine battery switch to disconnect the batteries when in storage.

It tows well and tracks in the right spots. This one I have has the auto leveling hydraulic jacks, 6 of them. It takes some playing with to get use to, as no instructions come with the controller, so speak of. Just make sure your tow vehicle isnt under the piviot until you have pretty much set the height to connect too, as it drops pretty fast, and if not set right, well, I've seen other pickups where the trailer dropped onto the bed and it isnt a pretty sight..

Nice to get back to the big tires/rims and away from those 15" car tires...always thought they were overloaded.
2002 Dodge 3500 Diesel-Dually
2011 Forest River Wildcat 313 5th wheel
Icom IC-2800 Dual-bander in truck
Yaesu FT-1900R 2M Xcvr in RV
W6ZKH is offline   Reply With Quote