Thread: Checking in
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #7
N7OQ

Hello Lee and glad to have you aboard . It seem that Antennas are a hot topic here lately. I had a Ham friend who has a fiberglass MH and he took it to a welding shop and had them weld on a piece of steel to the fame that came out the back where he mounted a screwdriver antenna and he really liked it. A local Ham here use to use a full size screwdriver antenna on his van and he went to a smaller version that went on the middle of the roof of the Van, he was at a antenna shoot out and found that his signal was better that the full size overall, the full size one only beat it slightly in one direction. Of course you could not use it in that way on a all fiberglass MH but it might work well on a Ladder sense the wind load is much less than a full size one.

My XLY does not like me to put antennas on anything, even the house. She does not see the beauty in a antenna farm. When I bought a my Tahoe it was to replace the car she drove so she looks at it like it is her vehicle and has a cow if I even think about putting on another antenna. She didn't like it when I put antennas on the car I drive. She satnds by the rule of: "what's Hers is Hers and what's mine is Hers"
Licensed in 1978 ex N7AFX, DA1VW, KK6GR
N7OQ is offline   Reply With Quote