View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 10:25 AM   #7
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Well... You got it, depending on the wife.. "All of the above" applies at one time or another, But "Darling Wife" or "Dear Wife" are the ones that won't get you a crown, size 9, cast iron.

Antenna... I have seen many with Screwdrivers.. I use a long wire, originally 100' I cut about 17-18 feet off, Toss it over tree limbs

From KAT-1 Auto tuner on back of house,,, Up a fishing pole, (Telescoping, all but last section extended, last sections re-inforced) then over a nearby tree limb, then across the drive over another higher tree, lowest point about 15 feet highest as much as 30, on the end of the wire is around 50 feet of nylon cord which can be asily shortened as needed and on the end of that 2 pounds of concrete.

Take a surgerless drink mix tube (Crystle Light or Wylers, I like the round ones best but they are mostly oval now) Fill with concerte and witehr a loop of aircraft cable bent to encourage it to "Set in" or an eye bolt with nut. Let harden. Add a clip to the loop/eye, job done.. I use a chain mender link, the kind with a "Nut" portion

Hook it onto the loop at the end of the nylon, close the nut so it does not come off,
"Sling" it "David v/s Golaith" style over the tree limb,, I've hit 30 feet several times.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote