View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 09:25 AM   #15
NN5I
Carl, nn5i

We disagree. That's OK, but I must object to your characterization of walking "down the street with a gun in their hand" and "harassing others on the streets with their macho image". I've never done that, nor seen anyone do that, and it would be unlawful just about anywhere, even in places like Alaska and Vermont where both open and concealed carry are legal. Neither of those places is as dangerous as Chicago or NYC where only the bad guys are armed. Going peacefully about one's business while armed is not the same as, and doesn't resemble, swaggering around and harassing anyone.

Setting up an imaginary, unrealistic, and utterly false scenario, and then using it as a base for argument about situations that don't resemble it in any way, is intellectual dishonesty.

I approve and applaud your holding your own opinions and arguing in their favor -- that's both a right and a duty -- but I can never approve intellectual dishonesty.

I guess I also disapprove use of this particular forum for this particular topic. Therefore, if you wish, since you brought it up in the first place, you may have the last word.