View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 08:19 PM   #6
electricflyer

Actually I think the FCC could care less if there was more hams, fewer licenses, less work (thinking like a civil servant), but license applications are now farmed out to a contract agency. But still, the number of licenses in the system is at an all time high. Upgrades are desired. When we test and a person gets their Tech license we always say, see you next month to test for General and while you are at it study for Amateur Extra. I was a Tech for a little over 10 years when I decided to get my General and when I got it I told DW, I'm going to get my extra next month, and I did. Maybe if there was a college credit for getting a license it may stir up some interest, easy class. It's been a while since we have had a teenager take a test, other than the students at one of the local elementary schools. The problem is keeping them active, a lack of propagation isn't helping. Just looking at the www.hamdata.com database for every 3 new licenses 2 others are not renewed, of those not renewed 80% are probably Techs, granted many SK's go unreported.
2014 Palomino Puma 25RL - TV 2011 F-150 SuperCrew 5.0
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote