View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 06:12 PM   #11
Radio
Administrator

Default a banana hammock and some soap

Well, I just got back from the Atlanta RV show. The place was pretty busy. There were 8 major Georgia dealers there. None of them hassled me. Mostly older folks, the families with kids will likely be out tomorrow.

I did purchase a banana hammock and some soap.

No really, Sweet Wife takes 10 pounds of fruit and such with us on every trip. Lot's of bananas. The "under cabinet fruit and produce hammock" will clear up some space on the counter. And the "RV wash and wax" will dress up the trailer a bit.

I'm glad I got into RV'ing when I did. Everything is so much more expensive now. And everything is really dolled up and overly fancy. Even 18 ft TT are way too "fancy" for my taste. What I saw was over-budget and over weight (at least for me, anyway) There wasn't anything there that made me want to part with my 2009 Rockwood 8280SS 5th wheel. I bragged when I bought it it would be the only camper I'd ever own and people laughed and said I'd trade it in 3 years. Still got it, still no plans to trade.

Remember I haven't been to an RV show in years.

All the interiors are much darker, all the upholstery is leather/vinyl and either black or brown. Perhaps if real sunlight had been coming in the windows I would have liked them better.

But on the other hand, the new exteriors are great! You don't see plain white campers any more. All the new colors hide dirt. And the RV makers have finally eliminated all the white trim and stuff on the outside of RVs that tend to blacken with mold. HURRAY!! It's all trimmed in black now and most of it looks really, really good.

I was hoping to see more of those weird vendors that sell all sorts of stuff. Not too many there. There were flashlights that double as tazers, a "steam iron" that doesn't get hot and the bedsheet lady.

Campgrounds and State Parks were there giving out brochures and raffling off nights in their parks. That took me back to pre-rv days, the idea of going to all these interesting places, planning trips I would someday take in the RV I would someday own. So I got about 5 pounds of paperwork from all these places.

There was a small selection of RV accessories and supplies. Only one dealer had set up a small store. I had hoped to find a new "next exit" book but did not see one. But I got the banana hammock and the RV wash & wax and that's all I really needed.

It was pretty good entertainment. And I got to meet "O'neill" from "O'neill Outside" and got an autographed picture! Wow!

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote