View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
w7wv

Default MH Antenna Problems

Hi, new here and glad to see this forum.
I used to operate out of my truck HF with a screwdriver and that was fine when I pulled a 5th wheel.
Going full time with a 38G Winnie Adventurer n the near future and have to put HF in. Rig choice has not been made yet but not critical as I have the room. I have had a couple of 706 series and thought I might try an FT-857D, maybe even something bigger as I do have the room.
The antenna is my worry. I dealt with a fiberglass boat before and it was a problem.
I was considering a screwdriver or a tuner like the AH-4 and a whip. I will not operate other than while parked. I even thought I could just put the screwdriver directly into the receiver hitch while parked but I would think I have to have some height and/or distance away from the RV
What are you using and what problems did you encounter and how did you conquer them?
I got some ideas from Alan's site, K0BG (K0BG.com) but although he has lots of experience he has never owned an RV. Most of his site is related to cars and trucks. He does have a RV section with some ideas however.
w7wv is offline   Reply With Quote