Thread: question on CW
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 08:42 AM   #12
One Country Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC1BUD View Post
how can brains over 50 learn code? I have tried the tapes, the CDs you name it, I have tried it and beyond a letter or two It starts to all sound the same and I get lost.
If you are serious about learning it Dan, just hang with it. It will come. I learned it many years ago as a young man. It was difficult then, I'm sure it would be more difficult now. The main thing is to be persistant and determined. Allow yourself so much time a day, like learning to play the piano or anything else. I learned the characters in groups to begin with. It got to where everythig I looked at turned to Morse Code. Driving down the road I sounded off street signs in my head. Once you learn all the characters the speed will come. There were different hurdles to come in the speed. It seems like it took forever to get from 6 or 7 wpm to 10 wpm. After your speed gets up, it becomes like a new and different language to you, or it did to me. There are so many abbreviations used. At some point you begin to recognize whole words and phrases rather than individual characters.

Hang in there. If you want to learn it, you can.

Jim