View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 10:24 PM   #11
One Country Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
We will be running class 2A, just a SSb and CW station both on beam antennas pointed tot he NE to start with. We will also have up a couple of wires to switch to at nightWe are 2A STX. The GOTA will probably be on a vertical antenna.

We will have to look for a frequency and want to sit and call. If that does not work, we'll go to search and pounce mode.

My cell is 713-302-9957. I'll be there during set up and head home about 1200 CST or 13oo hours and back at 1600 for the GOTA, then the SSB station for 1700 to 1900 CST and probably back on the GOTA at 1900 for an hour unless we get some last minute sign ups.

The bands have been nicer here lately. From Houston, I have made contacts on 17 and 20m to N, Ireland, Caracas, VZ, southern France and Hawaii. Also made contacts in Germany and Italy. Come on Sun Spots. Using the FT897D, AT200 Pro tuner and either the HF9V vertical or the Carolina Windom 80 Special antennas...on 100 watts.

Ken
That's this weekend, I don't know why but I was thinking it was a couple of weeks away. I'm going to do my best to work some stations, I'll be in and out. We don't have any plans as far as I know. Will try to contact you guys. Will be like looking for a needle in a haystack but worth a try. Got your number Ken, may call to see what freq you are on.

You mentioned the bands in good shape. I've heard several openings on 6 meters and also an opening or two on 15 meters.

Good luck to all you guys in the contest.