Thread: CQ CQ de W4OHX
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 07:34 AM   #10
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

This is not exactly Ham Radio related but in a way it is.

For several years when I went camping for the weekend (At least 10 years) I pulled a 13' SCAMP trailer. In all those years I never saw another. Finally, in 2005, I pulled it up to General RV, unhooked it, got in a Class A motor home (Brand New Damon Intruder 377W) and suddenly every time I hit the road with the RV, there is another Scamp.

One of those (I think the 1st or 2nd one I saw) had a large sign in the rear window with the owner's callsign on it.. Tried to call them but alas, they were not listening to 146.52

Like the Scamp trailers.. They are out there.. I don't know why I suddenly see Scamps all over but I have had people call me while on the road It helps if you have multiple radios so you can leave one on 146.52 or if you have a plate (Such as I had on my old Apache) that lists the frequencies you monitor Soon as I get everything the way I want it on the MH, that plate will make the trip to the Damon
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote