View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 10:12 PM   #1
W7JZE
RV in 2016

Default Dee-stroyted RV Rig on I-5 North this morning

What a terrible RV wreck this morning on I-5 South of Sacramento ~90 miles... I left Patterson, CA ~9:00 AM and went North on I-5 on the way to work in Silly-Cone Valley. Made it about 10 miles and traffic was stopped. This is a 70 MPH section of I-5 and traffic NEVER stops. Never. I drive it 4 times a week and have done that since 2009.

I happened to stop on the top of a small hillock and as far as I could see (~3 miles) I-5 was stopped. Sat for ~45 minutes as ~ 15 emergency vehicles (maybe more?) went by me in the median. Not kidding, 15. maybe more.

After 45 mins the traffic began slowly moving and after about a total time of about an hour I crept by a totally blocked I-5 on the median which by that time had yellow cones directing us all onto the dirt median area around the totally blocked 2 lanes.

The Ambulances had left by the time that I slowly passed the wreck, but 10 or more emergency vehicles were still on site.

I "think" it might have been (maybe) a 5th wheel towed by a pickup. Or it might have been a class -A towing a pickup. The pickup was on it's lid. The RV/MH/5th Wheel (whatever it was) was strewn over, and closing both lanes, and the debris field went about 100 feet or more.

The was N*O*T*H*I*N*G left of the RV (whatever it was). Debris only. Nothing. Spread across both lanes.

Goodness. Be carefully out there. I hope no one on this board was involved...

:-(

Bill - W7JZE
"Dar" - XYL
(And our little Bichon Frisé "Sparkle")
W7JZE is offline   Reply With Quote