View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
One Country Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manual Garcia O'Kely View Post
That it is over. Just one majorly stressful meal to me. I spent two hours doing dishes last night from one meal for 8 people. Gimmie a break.

I'm glad to see everyone and it was a good time, but it would have been just as good w/out two days of food prep, sorry.

I don't need a special day to be thankful or to remind me to be thankful.
The XYL and I say every year, after it's over, "we ain't doin' it at our house next year." But we always seem to. You are correct Manual, it is a lot of work, especially for the better-half, she starts like two days before the big day. But, it's been a tradition for many years in our families. I too did a lot of dishwashing and prep work. Jumped right in there, up to my elbows. Everyone seems to appreciate it though and that's what matters. We too fed 8 people.

We had turkey, dressing, jiblet gravy, potato salad, green beans, cranberry sauce, chicken and dumplings and sweet potato casarole. We didn't do any turnip greens this year, that's unusual. We would normally also have been shucking raw oysters outside, around a fire in the pit as well, but that didn't happen this year either.

Who knows, next year we may hook up the 5'er and have a sandwich on the road. Somehow does not sound as interesting though.