View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
W7PSK

Default Soap Box - NETS - Im really Peeved

and it was an RV net on 20 meters.

I was trying to have a qso with a sort of weak station be we were fine. We had not gotten all the info exchanged yet for the Triple Play Award. Suddenly a person about 1kc away starts calling for net stations and he was obliterating my contact. I tried every filter I had but he was still destroying it.

I politely called him and asked him to please qsy. He states he is Calling a net. I remind him that the NET does not own the frequency and must move if there is intereference. He then asks me where i was and I said Im in Seattle and i gave him my call again.

He said what RV do you have whats the Weather. I told him again that He was interfering with a QSO less than a KC away and to Please QSY

HE then says (and he is 20+ over mind you) Im sorry I cant hear you or understand and then stated calling the net again. I lost the station that I was trying to work.

It really Chaps my Hide these days that Nets feel that they control a frequency and cant move. Ive ran many a net and I have moved because someone was getting QRM from me with a QSO in progress.

Rant off.
W7PSK is offline   Reply With Quote