View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 09:33 AM   #4
KC1BUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7wv View Post
I am wondering about connectivity.
I would not want to get into an area of the country where it was roaming all the time and special higher rates applied.

Six years ago when my daughter's first was born we had a pre-paid for me to carry in case I was out and about and they wanted to let me know what was going on. I got the phone then it took several minor disasters and 3 or 4 months to get it on line. First right after I bought it I had to call the company to find out why I couldn't get it to work. They told me well, you bought the wrong phone, the phone couldn't operate on the mode required here. I asked why wouldn't it work I bought it only 10 miles from the house. I got no definitive answer. So I had to wait for them to send me another. When I finally got it running and could use it, I quickly found out that if the tower is busy I couldn't get through and no one could call me. But by that time my grandson was already born. I ended getting a second line with our other carrier and haven't had a problem since.

Most cell phone companies have a 30 dollar a month plan, with more minutes that you would use, which is cheaper than a land line.
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote