View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 01:28 PM   #4
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

I fully agree... I would also suggest two other things, One, Like the song says "You Never Walk Alone", in other words, Always hike with a friend (Buddy) and make sure said buddy knows how to use any comm gear you haul along (IE: In my case a Yesau FT-51R and a cell phone) at least enough to call for HELP... FCC rules require users of a radio such as mine to be licensed, however the FCC will normally only issue a warning if it's a matter of LIFE and Death. They are one federal agency that does, in fact, have a heart. Most of the time at least.

Another thing is that both of you may wish to consider CPR training, CPR Training is very light weight (At most one sheet of typing or printer paper goes in your kit) but I've talked to folks who ... Well, let's just say if not for CPR I'd not have talked to them. I've never had to perform CPR myself, but I have (finally 5 years into retirement) talked someone through it (25 years as a dispatcher and not once did I ever do that, 5 years into retirement I was very glad to have the training)

Oh, and if you are wondering how it turned out.. I think CPR was started too late.. But,the victim's wife is better off for the attempt and that is important too.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote