View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 04:19 PM   #9
KE5ZRT
Super Swell Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to KE5ZRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC1BUD View Post
I am not really into that much computer stuff, unless it directly has a ham element to it. I mean I can socially connect any time I want with the radio.
To clarify, I am not proposing in this thread that anyone should get themselves involved with Twitter. I am only suggesting that by adding a small "Tweet This" icon to the open roads site, users who prefer to share information on Twitter, and those who have existing (free) accounts on Twitter, can click the "Tweet This" icon to share a link to any specific portion of this site. It is an easy way to invite others to the site and share information. It is also an easy and effective means of spreading the word about ham radio, and piquing others' interests.

However...Twitter does directly have a ham element to it. See the following links:

HamFeed: The New Ham Repeater on Twitter:

5 posts - 5 authors - Last post: Dec 30, 2008 eHam.net Article: HamFeed: The New Ham Repeater on Twitter: - HamFeed.com was released several months ago as a Ham Radio newsfeed aggregator ...www.eham.net/articles/20715

HamTwits

"New ham users of Twitter should be directed to HamTwits. That's the proper way to find other hams to follow." - Dave Stark, NF2G ...www.hamtwits.com/

Hamtwit.net

Join the Ham Radio QSO with us! Check the hashtag we use: #HamTwitNet. You'll also find other Hams on Twitter by checking the #hamr, #arrl, and #hamradio ...www.hamtwit.net/

Ham Radio Growing In The Age Of Twitter : NPR

Apr 5, 2010 ... Despite Facebook, Twitter, iPhones and other cutting-edge communication technologies, an increasing number of people are staying in touch ...www.npr.org

Hams on Twitter | Random Thoughts

May 24, 2008 ... Looks like I am finding a population of Ham Radio Operators on Twitter. If any Hams use twitter, use any of the following to get noticed. ...mpechner.wordpress.com/2008/05/24/hams-on-twitter/

Surfin': Twitter, Facebook and Ham Radio

Dec 4, 2009 ... Hams may also use Twitter as a tool to broadcast DX and contest alerts. ... According to Dave Stark, NF2G, "New ham users of Twitter should ...www.arrl.org
Extra Class Amateur (Ham) Radio Operator, VE, SKYWARN Storm Spotter, ARES Volunteer, TSA Security Officer, Full-time RV dweller (Amarillo TX for now), webmaster www.PanhandleARES.org, Married to ke5zru!

KE5ZRT is offline   Reply With Quote