View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 07:51 PM   #1
KF5BET

Default OUCH...That hurt

Well it happened...

Crysti and the girls went to Dallas to Visit her sister. She took my truck (05 f250 6.0 dsl).

She got up Thursday Morning to come home (about 7 1/2 hrs door to door). About an hour into the drive she calls me at work and says she has no gauges or radio...and the ABS light is on. I tell her to check and make sure the belt didn't break (told her not to turn the truck off).

She calls back about ten minutes later and says "were losing power". Took an exit and coasted to a stop on the service road. Truck is now done...no fire and no go!

She calls me back and says now what...I am thinking I have no idea what can I do 7 hours away!.. I call my BIL and he is only about 30 minutes from them. He goes and gets them and takes them to a dealership just 9 miles away. The dealer gets the truck back to the shop and run diagnostics on it and find out the alternator died (there was no warning...also no gauge for volts...seriously thinking about installing one now!).

Long story....They finally got aroound to getting it fixed about 4:30 this afternoon. They will go get the truck tomorrow and head this way.

So if you are curious... a nine mile tow, diagnostics and a new alternator will cost roughly $740.00 (yep that's right) from a dealer.

What kills me is I would have done it myself if I had been there with them....
Kendra - KF5FYS dd
Maggie - Cat chaser
2005 F250, 1996 Nomad
KF5BET is offline   Reply With Quote