Thread: Your Rig is???
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 08:45 PM   #18
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Home is Motor home. Kenwood TS-2000, KAT-1 Tuner, assorted "long wires" Primary is a 100' with 2 pounds of concrete on the far end. I toss it over any handy tree. Mobile is about 6 feet of 10ga wire, followed by 30 feet of 1/2 inch copper tubing mounted like a luggage rail followed by a CB-Fiberglass wirewound whip at right angles to the pipe.

I also have a hustler 4bTV bolted to the bike carrier (Well the base is bolted, I only use the upright when other options fail)

For other bands I have a six meter quarter wave, 2 meter "J" pole, These are on the back of the rig, A 70cm NGP with a PL-259 mount is on a bulkhead connector the goes from a cabinet wall up through the roof. I also have a 25 foot "Tower" (Flagpole) that can support T-Poles for 2 and 70cm and a six meter dipole

What is a T-pole.. Basically two J's Look at the SUPER J in the antenna book, drop the matching stub and feed the phasing harness.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote