Thread: Your Rig is???
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 04:50 PM   #6
_L7

The previous RV setup (99 Dodge & 34' Sunnybrook 5th wheel) had just a Kenwood Tri-bander (2, 440, 1.2) in the truck. I did not have anything in the 5th wheel other than an HT. It was too bad too because there was a perfect place for an HF radio to mount in the trailer cabinet where the stereo radio was mounted. Plus it had an easy routing for cable out of the trailer. Just another project I kept putting off for when I had time.

The MH has a TS2000 that I put on the dash when we are parked. I am still having antenna issues (very little success on HF) and will be trying something besides the Comet multi-band mounted on the roof come spring time (don't usually take vacation during the winter). I am also trying to decide what the best and easiest way to have the cable exit the coach without a big hole in the side.

I had the remote kit for the TS2000 with the remote mounted on the dash of the MH to the left of the steering wheel. It worked quite well (the remote) but having the main radio at my left foot while driving was not ergonomically correct. So I'm weighing the pros and cons of various dual band mobiles to replace the 2000 and remote. I wish there was still a Tri band or even better the old Icom 900/901 with the band modules stacked so I could get 10m thru 1.2 on one radio!!

Any suggestions for a dual band mobile? Anyone suggest a good HF antenna for a MH (that works) while on the road?
_L7 is offline   Reply With Quote