View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
Radio
Administrator

Default Amazon.com Phishing Scam

OK, here's the deal. Crooks are looking to load up your computer with malware that steals passwords and other stuff.

The way the scam works is you get an official looking email from what appears to be amazon.com, regarding a cancellation of an order. What's clever about this scam is they never ask you for any personal information, just click on the link to confirm the cancellation. It all looks very real.

Here are the give aways:

1. The cancellation is for something you did not order. (well, duh?)

2. The IP address of any link includes verbiage ahead of amazon.com in the URL, such as 12.54.26.87.amazon.com or memberservice.amazon.com.

3. It is good practice anytime you have a link in an unsolicited email to mouse over that link so that the URL preview will appear in your email tool. (but you guys knew that right?)

The reason I'm posting this is we intend to open our own Amazon Affiliate Store here on ORR.net to assist in paying the cost of keeping the site running.

I guess you could say the store is open, and you can buy stuff there if you like. I'm just not done stocking it. Have a look here:

http://astore.amazon.com/operoaradsto-20

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote