View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 07:27 AM   #3
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

I too agree that I will need to take a closer look. 1.5KHZ.

Since I do a lot of PSK-31 when it is warm enough to not need a heater in the MH (Or when I'm living in it) the Shack Computer, which is my log, among other things, is always running, and it's usually running either DigiPan or HamScope, both of these give me an audio analyzer function (I normally use the waterfall display) Most SSB transmissions light up to around 2Khz on the waterfall, some a bit higher, some a bit less (i'm about 1.7Khz myself) so this would SERIOUSLY impact SSB transmissions

However since when I run PSK I only light up 31 Hz of the bandwith... It would have no impact at all on that digital operation, Even MFSK 16, and RTTY only use a small portion of the waterall (Hamscope's waterfall is only 2.7Khz wide, (2756 on this machine) Digipan's goes to 5KHz or there abouts.

I do not see how this 1.5KHZ limit would affect Digital modes at all. It would however affect both SSB and AM Seriously affect AM which can easily be 5KHZ wide
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote