View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 08:13 PM   #10
Radio
Administrator

I've been reading on other forums where this whole eclipse thing is getting to be a little bit batty. For instance, ranchers are renting out space in cow pastures for $300 a night. (no water, no power, no sewer, just cows) All hotels and campgrounds of any kind are full for miles on either side of totality. People are letting RVs park in their yards and some are renting their homes for $1000 for the weekend.

Some are fleeing the totality area.

Rush is expected on food, fuel restaurants, whatever.

So I'm taking a few precautions:

1. I'm bringing it all with me, self contained, like a snow day in Atlanta. We usually don't travel that heavy and go out for fresh supplies. But we'll haul it all in this trip.

2. We'll not leave the park the day of the eclipse. The roads will be covered with in-and- outer crowd. I suspect since most schools are in session they'll be a lot of these.

3. We'll buy fuel for the return trip Saturday night or Sunday. And likely stay the extra day and leave on Wednesday.

I'm comparing it to a snow day in Atlanta. If I do it right, it'll be lots of fun. These precautions are simple, do-able and hopefully just me being over cautious and maybe a bit paranoid.

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote