View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 06:48 AM   #55
One Country Boy

Another Monday morning....

To all the working out there, hope you have a great week.

Retirees, what's on the aganda ?
I have some limbs I left on the ground from trimming trees and shrubs last Friday before the rains started. BTW, we received over 3 inches of rain over the weekend. Just maybe it knocked some of the pollen out of the trees. I see the guys out west are getting a lot of rain now. Although we have had some low tempertures recentcly, the vegatation is starting to bloom. Everything is yellow with pollen. Speaking of rain, "Radio" if you read this (I'm sure you will), how are the water levels up in the Atlanta or North Georgia area ? I'm really curious and have not heard much recently. Are the levels beginning to come back ? I know they probably still have a long way to go to get back to normal. The water is higher here than last year, just need it to stay that way. I watch this COE site that monitors levels along the Chattahoochee River (click here). You can see our location near the bottom of the chain. Maybe the "water wars" between Florida, Alabama and Georgia are over for awhile. The Large Mouth Bass are very active. I've spotted a couple of 5 pounders while on one of the docks behind our home and many smaller ones. It's going to be time to go fishing before long.

A belated "Happy Valentines Day" to all the ladies out there. I don't think I saw it mentioned on the forum.

A low of 40 degrees here last night. It's currently 42 and the humidity is at 91%.

73 folks .....

CQ CQ CQ de W4EWA "K"