View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 09:54 AM   #80
One Country Boy

Good morning all... Where's everone ? Weather must be warming up and everyone out and about. We had a low temp of 54 degrees here last night, the high yesterday was probably 80. Wow, such a drastic change in a few days. Wonder how you guys in the north are warming up ?

I've got all my antennas down right now. I'm putting up a new 75/80 meter Double Bazooka and feedline. I cut my old 80 meter inverted "V" down for 40 meters. Hopefully I'll have them both prunned perfectly and will not need a tuner in most places. I think there is a lot of efficiency loss by using the tuner. Hope to have them and the other antennas back up in time to go fishing before dark. The XYL has gone shopping with a friend so it's just me and "Hank".

A week from tomorrow were hooking up and headed to the Birmingham, AL area. Have an appointment the 26th in Calera at Burton Campers to have a couple of things done to the 5th wheel. Thought we would leave a few days early and enjoy the warmer weather. Probably will not be in a hurry getting home either. Anyone know of any good CG's in that area ? We have stayed a lot at Birmingham South in Pelham, they have all the good stuff, wifi, etc...

Better get out and go to work on these antennas. Have a great day folks.