View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 09:55 PM   #5
One Country Boy

Congratulations Dan ! Listen out also in the mornings @ 0800 CDT on 3950. They call the roll in alpha order (suffix). At the end of the net, they call for out-of-state. It's possible you could still get in that time of the day. I hear stations in Texas and Oklahoma about that time.

John, I listen to you guys some mornings on 3973. Usually waiting for my net to kick off and answering e-mails. Most of the stations up in your area are readable. I've not heard your call sign though. Mind ya, I have several things going at once. Some times I'm also listening to some 2 meter conversations from Tallahassee to Pensacola.

Dan, how long is your diapole antenna ? Can you put an antenna up outside or, are you in a restricted area ? I've got a friend near here that used to be in the Country Cousins, he's not very active anymore. The Cousins are a fun group to listen in on. Respectable group.

My son was out putting on a presentation to one of the volenteer fire departments tonight. Attempting to promote amateur radio. He's put on about 5 or 6 now and has a tech class set up and VE's coming later for testing. We need more amateurs in our area.

Hope to hear you on soon Dan.