Thread: Alaska
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 09:22 AM   #2
electricflyer

Quite a few discussions on the various forums. I know there is a group that is planning to go in caravan to Alaska in 2018. It's been in the planning stage for several years. Figure on being gone at least 2 months. Since you own a Forest River product you may want to check the Forest River Forum and do a search on the subject. http://www.forestriverforums.com I have a friend that it going on that trip, his ID on the Forest River forum is "BamaBob. I believe the group is filled up for now, they have a 20 RV limit and have reservations made at several stops already, I think they are wanting between $3,000 to $4,000 to join the group. If I was 15 years younger I would want to try it but can just read about it now. Several RVrs that have made the trip before are organizing it. The funds are to pay for campgrounds and I imagine food gatherings, etc. I am pushing him to get a ham license as I think a group that large needs communication to keep them together and cell coverage in some areas may be non existent . You know the saying, "When all else fails, ham radio". I would expect that many people will be stretched out several miles. Many people do it solo so it all depends on what you want to get out of it. I know that everyone says to buy the book "The Milepost" before you go, you can get it on Amazon for a little under $24. They publish a new one every year. Lots of books on Amazon for the subject.

BTW you may want to PM BamaBob and find out more on the subject maybe he can steer you to more information since he has been working with the planning.
2014 Palomino Puma 25RL - TV 2011 F-150 SuperCrew 5.0
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote