View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 09:29 AM   #9
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

What RS-232 adapter do you have. Now I have 3 different RS_232 adapters.. One is a "Prolific" chip set (actually 2 of 'em are but one died) this will key the PTT on my TS_2000 (Via an interface as described in Ham Radio Delux documentation) but it won't download or upload readings from the radio.. It will also read my GPS (But thankfully does not need to upload) it won't uplaod to any hardware I have. voltages are all wrong it seems.

A Belikin will read the frequency from the TS-2000, but won't upload from the Kenwood memory manager

I got one more interface.. Hold on a sec: Sorry don't have the product drive package where I can find it... Ah there it is.. Look at the very last item listed on this page RTS-3 I think it is called:

http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/othercables_template.cfm#

This product works. period, 100% with everything I own

now.. I run a kenwood.. It is switched to transmit by a simple switch closure to ground (In my case an opto-isolator) which is powered by the RS-232 adapter.

I think the Icom is commanded to go to transmit via a serial port caommand (RS-232) (But I'm not sure since I don't have one)

If what I think is correct.. Then using a 100% compliant RS-232 adapter is the only way.. You can use non-complant to key a simpley PTT switch like I do on the Kenwood, but if you do that you can't use that port for data.

I very strongly suspect that is the problem.

Oh, the RTS-3 also read/wrights to my FT-51r, the others will not.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote