View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
One Country Boy

Good morning Galen and All the Group.

I subscribe to a couple of the TV station meteorologist on Face Book. One was speaking of the mild winter we had a couple of weeks ago. At my house, we've had ONLY 3 nights (possibly 4) this entire winter where temps dipped below freezing. I commented to him and others on the thread that this could make for a bad hurricane season, due to the temperatures of the Gulf waters. His response surprised me, stating they were basically normal temperatures. You have to remember though, the Panama City area, where these meteorologist live and work is a tourist area. They don't want to do or say anything that's going to slow the economy even more. Their target area is where Wade lives. Get those Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama and Kentucky folks to "The World's Most Beautiful Beaches".

I live on a fresh water waterway, loaded with fish, crawfish, Cypress Trees, Cypress stumps, large alligators and... oh yes, "skeeters". Let me tell you, we already have a fine crop of gigantic mosquitoes this year. Normally this time of year, they would barely be noticeable. I was in the shop the other evening, just before sunset, building some Carpenter Bee Traps. I could hardly finish up. The mosquitoes swarmed me for the last 30 minutes I was in the little shop. I finally had to pack it in and get in the house. We normally don't see them unless we walk down to the back of the property, along the creek and in the wooded area. We will have a fine crop of them this year, I hate to admit.