View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 11:55 PM   #1
Aussy

Default Power and Antenna Suggestions for new Rig

We just bought a new trailer(Passport 238ML) and are getting ready to go on our first trip. I want to take my Kenwood TS-480SAT with us so I can setup to use it when we go camping.

I do not want to drill any holes anywhere in the trailer or hassle with any kind of re-wiring. I am thinking the power supply and radio will sit somewhere in the trailer plugged into the 110(we will have shore power available where we are going). I am ok with running co-ax under the trailer door or down through a storage opening to the outside.

So...here's the question: Anybody have any recommendations for a decent mobile HF antenna that is easy to setup and take down? 10 to 40 meter is prob ok. It would be nice if it also did uhf/vhf although that is not necessary. I am ok if the solution includes my class IV hitch on the truck. I do not want to string wire in trees and do a long wire.

Also, any recommendations for a good inexpensive power supply that can stay in the trailer? I do not want/need to hook anything to trailer battery as we do not do dry camping.
Aussy is offline   Reply With Quote