View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
W9WLS
Senior Blame Catcher

Send a message via Yahoo to W9WLS
Default Interesting Phone APP's

Didn't know where else to post this so here go'es !

Our Daughter told me about a smart phone app she uses called "HEYTELL" which was devolved to help with the texting while driving thing.
What it do'es is allows you to SPEAK a message (nothing really new here) but then delivers and stores it to the other phone like a text/voice file to be played back later and or saved (still nothing new AKA "voice mail").

The next APP. is interesting, it's called "Loudtalks" and has been around a bit and has a "LITE" version (the one I use).
Loudtalks, similar to "HEYTELL" is a voice chat program for cell phones but here's the twist, it not only can be put on the phone but there is a version to go on your PC as well.
Now what I've done with this is set-up two accounts, one for the PC and one for the phone both with the same screen name (almost) so that I don't have to remember to log off one and log on to the other going in and out of the house as I frequently do.

Both App's are PTT like "NEXTEL" or "SOUTHERN LINK" offers and you do have to wait for the "BEEP" when in use and both have their specialized uses but both function well once set-up.

I actually have both installed on my cell phone.

Google them and do your own research they both have some interesting possibility's .