View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 07:13 AM   #3
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Regarding too many cell phones and computers.....

A Mi-Fi Device will let you hook up several computers but you have to pay for your data, Just had a chat with my Darling Daughter who used to be a Verizon cuss-too-more (Spelled that way for a reason) she complained about ever esculating bills and reduced service,,, The problem here is if you want coverage, VERIZON is the company that is most likely to provide it. I'm with #2. (Works well for me but that is mostly dumb luck).

WHen I'm in a park with wi-fi I use a common "Home router" to hook it all up. and a WI-Fi "Modem" (Linksys wireless game adapter, a no longer produced product.)

A good all around choice might be a cradlepoint router.. These can often accept either a USB stick or a Modem for the "WAN" (internet) side of things and handle all your LAN devices. My next router may be one of these.

Though I truly like the WGA for park internet, With a bit of help from George Thomas (www.amateurlogic.tv episode 3) It has a very good range to it.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote