View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 07:06 AM   #7
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Things have changed since I set up my rolling shack but.. Back then I had a Wife who was not really a fan of Ham Radio.. So I needed a room I could close off for the radio.. Turns out this Motor home has one and a half of those.. The one comes with a shower, 2 lav's and a toilet.. The half, has only one lav and a toilet. And a Kenwood TS-2000..

Of course one factor was the location of the main fuse panel for the motor home... This smallest room in the RV is seperated by in interior wall from the main RV (Well 3 of 'em, the 4th wall is an exterior wall) on one side is the bedroom, the other side is the living/dining/main/great room and the other side of the wall opposite the exterior wall is a hallway.

ANd the fuse panel is on the hall side of that wall (With access from teh back, that is half-bath side)

So the best 12 volts (Well 13.6) in the motor home is .. Right there.

Nothing like having a TS-2000 with an 80amp power supply (Progressive Dynamics 9180 with optional wizard) and around 500 amp-hours of back up power. (What's surrounding the inverter)
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote