View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 05:51 PM   #3
NN5I
Carl, nn5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
If you get thoroughly frustrated with one of those Kenwood TH-F6A... I might be interested as I have absolutely no 220 MHz capability.
Your generous offer of adoption will be kept under advisement.

Quote:
Most Kenwood wall warts/car adapters are the same, right?
Well, no. In fact, no two seem the same -- except that TH-28A and TH-78A (I have one of those too) use the same batteries, so probably same wallwarts too.

Quote:
I have an Icom IC-02AT that still works and was my only handheld for years, until the local ARES group insisted we all have 440 MHz capability. Still, the only thing wrong with that rugged, simple radio is that it isn't a dual bander.
I have an old IC-02AT that seems to have lost its mind (I suspect the internal memory battery has died). Also an IC-04AT that seems OK. Not to mention an IC-A20 that's banging around here someplace if I can find it. And, to go with them, some batteries, a case for alkalines, and a BC-35 battery charger. They would all complement your 02AT nicely. I need the storage space (all RV full-timers need storage space). If you have a use for them, send me an e-mail with your shipping address and you get'em at the best possible price -- $0.00. Just can't bring myself to send them to the landfill. Consider them a donation to ORR.

If you don't have use for them, I extend the offer to any other ORR folks, whoever does have a use. But you get first dibs. Free shipping, too!

Oh yeah, service manuals too.