View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 10:00 PM   #3
N7OQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manual Garcia O'Kely View Post
Interesting - I use a tuner with my BP [LDG z-11Pro] and the coils - works pretty well, at least it matches very easily - I set it up for the right band and use the tuner just to trim it up.

I just got the TRSB and have not tried it yet, but expect a summer filled with experimentation. I may have to haul along my MFJ antenna analyizer just for grins.
Well I had no problem tuning everything from 80 to 6 meters it is the RF feed back that I have problems with, the tuner is happy. This Icom 706Mkiig is very sensitive to RF coming back down the line the display displays things it shouldn't like the receive IF pass tuning indicator. I did find that when I had a band tuned up with the coils like 40 meters and I used the tuner it worked great and I can use the whole band and no RF feed back problems.

What I will need to do is find a patience Operator some distance away and try different setups and see how the signal will really change. I think you will find it will work muck better with your TRSB. Oh well experimenting it half the fun of Ham radio
Licensed in 1978 ex N7AFX, DA1VW, KK6GR
N7OQ is offline   Reply With Quote