View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 12:56 PM   #4
Dizzy-Dick

Default Thanks for the info

First let me explain to Radio why I have been not on for awhile. Got hit with Ike last fall and lived in the RV for awhile. Then took it to Pennsylvania for a class reunion. Got back to find out my son had broke his back. It was months of trips to Houston and finally an operation to fuse three vertebrae. Just got our new roof on our home and things seemed to be getting better, then my wife got ill. Guess it will be awhile longer until we get to take the RV out.

Now for AE5BI. Wow, your web-site is greate. It was a great and we will take all into consideration. Since you are into astronomy, how do you transport your scope? My 16" DOB is over six feet long and the base is about four feet in diameter. When I had a travel trailer, I would take the mirror out of it and put it in the back seat of the tow truck. The tube and the base would then go into the bed of the pick-up. The bed was covered with a cap. Since I got the class-C, I have no-where to cary the scope.

That is one reason I was considering a covered trailer to put the Jeep in and the telescope and anything else that would fit.

Thanks again for the link to your site.

I have a web-site that I put up mostly for work, but have personal pictures on it, also. I wrote all the html from scratch and didn't really know what I was doing, so it doesn't look really professional. I haven't updated it since 2005 or so. It is www.4renterprises.com, if you care to take a look. At the bottom of the fist page is a link to my personal pages.
Dizzy-Dick is offline   Reply With Quote